In this episode...
For the first time EVER, I ran a Black Friday promotion on my insurance education business.
From Friday through Monday, just four days, I sold over 25 online courses and generated OVER $6,000 in revenue.
The promotion took me less than one hour to put together. Which means I made $6,000 in revenue from one hour of work.
It was an eye opening experience for me. Now, I will be taking advantage of Black Friday every year going forward!
In today's episode, I'm going to breakdown exactly what I did to run a successful Black Friday promotion. I will take you behind the scenes to talk through my thought process, and breakdown the strategies I used to utilize email marketing to drive $6,000 in revenue in four days.
For reference, this is my sales page for my business AssociatePI where I ran this 40% off Black Friday Promotion.
This is the cadence of emails I sent for my Black Friday Promotion:
- Email #1: Thursday at 2 pm - Early sneak peek of my deal sent to the email list.
- Email #2: Friday at 12:15 am - Introduction to the Black Friday deal with a link to the sales page.
- Email #3: Friday at 7 pm - Reminder email. Reminding my subscribers to take advantage of the Black Friday deal.
- Email #4: Saturday at 7 pm - Informative email with testimonials from students that have had success with my courses.
- Email #5: Sunday at 2 pm - Informative email touching on the value proposition of my courses (pass your exams in less time with less studying).
- Email #6: Monday at 10 am - Talking savings. Letting them know they can save $170 per course, up to $1,360 if they buy all courses. And, for the fist time, mentioning that the deal is 40% off so they can buy my course for just $255 (the course is normally $425).
- Email #7: Monday at 5 pm - Reminder that the deal ends at midnight. I also send more testimonials showing the success that people have in passing their exams with my course.
- Email #8: Monday at 11 pm - Final Reminder. Deal ends in one hour. Give them a final chance to buy now and save 40%.
And that's it!
Just eight emails, that took me no longer than one hour to schedule in ConvertKit, sold 25+ courses and generated over $6,000 in revenue.
Ready to start your business?
I'm here to help. I will help you find a business idea. Validate your idea. And launch your business to get your first sale in just three months.
(I'll show you how).
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Chris Ronzio of Trainual.com. Chris talks through the process of validating, launching, and scaling Trainual, a software program that helps companies build out their “business playbook” to document and organize company processes, people, onboarding, training, and operations. Chris provides a blueprint breaking down how
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Karthik Vijayakumar of designyourthinking.com. Karthik shows us how he used his expertise working in product marketing and product management to start his business. Karthik Vijayakumar Case Study Karthik is featured in my new book Use Your Job to Quit Your Job. Below is the case study
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Steven Foust of ncosupport.com and cutoffscores.com. Steven shows us how he used his past job, even though he had retired from the military over twenty years ago, and built the business that has now allowed him to leave his corporate day job and pursue entrepreneurship
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Rose Griffin of abaspeech.org. Rose shows us how she used her expertise as a speech-language pathologist and turned it into a full-time business dedicated to helping, teaching, and training speech language pathologists. Rose Griffin Case Study Rose is featured in my new book Use Your Job
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Allison Strickland of ATStudybuddy.com. Allison shows us how she used her expertise working as an athletic trainer, passing the BOC Exam, to build her business ATStudyBuddy. Allison Strickland Case Study Allison is featured in my new book Use Your Job to Quit Your Job. Below is
ALL EPISODESABOUT THE SHOWIn this episode…Today, I am excited to interview Vickie Velasquez. Vickie shows us how she used the skills she learned working in project management to build a portfolio of successful businesses. Vickie Velasquez Case Study Vickie is featured in my new book Use Your Job to Quit Your Job. Below is the case