25 Niche Site Ideas – Niche Online Business Ideas
In this blog, I’m giving you five types of niches that I love, and five small profitable business ideas for each niche. These 25 niche site ideas are niche websites that you can start today to begin generating passive income online. This blog will be updated consistently as these niche site ideas get too competitive, and as new niche online business ideas arise.
These niche site ideas are business ideas that I have personally researched. I strongly considered creating a website in the below niches, but unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to start a new niche website every day so I’m sharing my niche site ideas with you!
So, let’s get started. Below I’m going to cover the following five niche site ideas. I’ll give you an overview of the niche and five business ideas for each niche:
- The “exam prep” niche
- The blog niche
- The Amazon FBA niche
- The coaching niche
- The print on demand niche
Remember, if you haven’t already, you can download the step by step instructions to launch your first business with my favorite niche site ideas here.
How To Read This Blog - Niche Site Ideas
As always, there are three ways to consume this content. I'm a content marketing junky so I like to create different types of content. You can review these 25 niche site ideas in this blog, as a video, or as a SlideShare. Select how you want to view the content with the buttons below.
Niche Site Ideas - Video
Idea #1: Exam Prep
This is my favorite niche site idea. I used this idea to create a small, but incredibly profitable business.
I call it the “exam prep niche”. In the exam prep niche, we are creating a business by providing study material, guidance, and advice to those pursuing a particular set of exams, designation, certification, or licensing. If you’ve been following along with the niche site ideas case study, then you already know all about the exam prep niche, my website AssociaePI, and how I’ve generated over $160,000 in passive income in the past three years with this one simple niche site idea.
There are THOUSANDS of niche exams, designations, certifications, and licenses with hundreds of thousands of people taking the exams each month. Off of the top of my head, I think of the CPA, CFA, CNA, Real estate license, underwriter licensing, Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), and CLU. And those are just the big-name designations and licensing that I could think of without doing any research!
Use your day job, use your college exams, use the designations you earned five years ago, use any exam you have taken to create exam prep materials that you can sell online. It’s such a simple, small, profitable business idea that not enough people take advantage of.
It is the perfect opportunity to leverage the niche nature of these designations to create your niche business that generates tens of thousands of dollars in passive income per month. It’s possible. I’m doing it now.
Exam Prep Niche Site Idea – Pros
There are six reasons why this is my favorite niche side idea, and why I strongly believe you should take advantage of this opportunity:
- Validated Market – With the exam prep niche site idea, the market is validated for you. If people are searching for this designation and studying for these exams, then there is a clear need for study material.
- Easy to Niche Profitably – These sites are easy to niche. There is typically not much competition (depending on the designation that you choose). Even if there is competition, it’s easy to differentiate yourself and find a niche within a niche.
- Easy to Differentiate – Creating a niche site is all about providing a unique product with a unique value proposition that differentiates you from the competition. In the exam prep niche, this is easy. There are a number of ways you can differentiate yourself. Just think about how you can differentiate yourself by offering a different type of study material. You can offer textbooks, online courses, study guides, flashcards, 1×1 coaching, practice exams, etcetera… You can pick one product and become known as the go-to resource for CPA flashcards.
- Easy Email Opt-in – With the exam prem niche site idea, it’s easy to create an email opt-in to collect those valuable email addresses of potential customers. You can do this with a free course, free practice exam, free study guide, or free exam tips. With AssociatePI, my exam prep niche site, I offer a free practice exam as my email opt-in lead magnet. I generate around 300 new email leads every month just by giving away a free 10 question PDF practice exam. For my site Agile Exam Academy, the process is just as simple. I started by driving traffic to one blog, this blog about PMI ACP salary (390 people searching for this per month), and captured these leads with my free tips to passing the PMI ACP exam.
- High Price – Exam prep material is expensive. Just look at the competition. Typically, you can sell study material for around $500 per course or around $200 for practice questions. Some of the bigger courses like Bar exam prep and CPA study materials can go for over $1,000. Personally, I price AssociatePI courses at $425 per course. At $425 per course, with a required eight exams to earn the CPCU® designation, that’s $3,400 from one person if they take all eight exams with my program. Not bad for one lead!
- Free Study Material – If you are selling exam prep materials, you need to study and take the exam before you can begin creating stud material. But, there is one added bonus to the exam prep niche site idea. Your employer will pay for your study material. Exam prep material is expensive (as we covered above), but if you are employed in the industry your employer will probably pay for you to pursue a designation or training. Meaning your employer is literally paying for you to start a business!
Exam Prep Niche Site Idea – Cons
There is one major con to the exam prep niche. You have to actually study, pass the exam, and THEN create the study material. Starting a business is never easy. So, like any business, with the exam prep niche, you need to put in the work, study and create a better (or different) study material. For me, it took me one month to study and about one month to create the study material. During these two months, I was talking to prospective customers, building a following, and driving pre-sales. You can do the same.
Exam Prep Niche Site Idea – Revenue Ideas
There are a number of ways you can generate revenue in the exam prep niche. Personally, I use online courses. But here are a couple of revenue-generating ideas in the exam prep niche, these are ways you can differentiate yourself from the competition:
- Print books
- Online courses
- Study guides
- Live training
- Video courses
- 1×1 coaching
- B2B training
- Affiliate sales
- Membership site
- Sell ads
In this section, I won’t be going too in-depth into revenue-generating ideas. I’ll give you some ideas on how to make money from each niche, but if you want a full breakdown of how to generate revenue from this niche check out our blog how to make money online without paying anything (for beginners). This is a full breakdown of all the ways I make money online, and all the possible ways you can generate revenue from your niche site idea.
Exam Prep Niche Site Ideas
Below are a couple of niche site ideas for the exam prep niche. Remember, these are niche site ideas that I have personally researched. I strongly considered creating a website in the below niches, but unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to start a new niche website every day so I’m sharing my niche site ideas with you.
For reference, I am using Long Tail Pro to conduct a lot of this research. This is my favorite niche and keyword research tool. It is extremely powerful in gauging a niche, reviewing competition, and seeing how you can drive traffic to your niche website. You can see a review of long tail pro here.
Exam prep niche site ideas:
- Actuarial Exams
- Information Technology
- CIA Certification
Actuarial Exams – Exam Prep Niche Site Idea
I considered earning my actuarial credentials, a lot of my colleagues in the insurance industry earned their credentials and they HATED the study materials. There is a clear need for better actuarial study materials.
There are a couple of actuarial designations and something like fourteen actuarial exams. There is the SOA, ASA, and CAS actuarial designations. For reference, 1,600 people per month are searching for the term “SOA Exams”. Each exam has a couple of hundred people per month searching for the exam.
Using Long Tail Pro, I see lots of opportunities here to rank for keywords like “ASA Designation” and “CSA exams”. There is very little competition here, someone could easily go in and create content to outrank the competition to begin driving organic search volume to a website.
There is a clear need for better study material here.
CAPM Certification – Exam Prep Niche Site Idea
This is one I strongly considered pursuing and creating a niche site for. In fact, I’m still considering it if I have time within the next year.
6,600 people per month are searching for “CAPM Certification”. Hundreds more are searching for “CAPM Exam” and “CAPM Training”. People are searching for this exam and there is little competition in the space.
Reading the study material reviews on Amazon, people are always complaining about the PMBOK Guide (the main study material for this exam). On Amazon, it is rated with 3.3 stars. 27% of the reviews are one-star reviews. Check out the reviews here. People HATE this study material.
Someone can easily come in here, begin offering a better study material, and carve out a nice niche website.
PMP Certification – Exam Prep Niche Site Idea
This one is very similar to the CAPM Certification, except it is more popular. Which means more competition.
Both the CAPM and PMP are issued by the Project Management Institute. The PMP uses the same study material as the CAPM. It uses the PMBOK guide. As I mentioned above, people HATE the PMBOK Guide. Someone needs to create better study material. Maybe flashcards, a study guide, an online course, a video course, or even 1×1 coaching. There are so many opportunities here for someone to create a website in the CAPM Certification and PMP niche.
60,500 people per month are searching for the keyword “PMP Certification”. 5,400 people per month are searching for the keyword “PMP exam”. That’s a ton of search volume and interest in the PMP! There are lots of opportunities to create a niche website for the PMP Certification.
Information Technology – Exam Prep Niche Site Idea
There is a lot of opportunity in the information technology space. There are a lot of designations and certifications popping up. It’s an incredibly fast-growing and competitive industry. Here are a couple of the most popular information technology certifications:
- ITIL certification – 18,100 people per month are searching for this certification.
- CCNA certification – 12,100 people per month are searching for this certification.
- CISSP certification – 6,600 people per month are searching for this certification.
- CSM certification – 6,600 people per month are searching for this certification.
- CISA certification – 4,400 people per month are searching for this certification.
- MCSE certification – 2,900 people per month are searching for this certification.
In full disclosure, I haven’t done too much research into these certifications. I’ve never worked in IT so this isn’t my strength, but in doing my research for new exam prep niches that I could target I kept coming across the information technology niche. I couldn’t escape it! So I want to make you aware of these certifications and the opportunities in this niche. If you work in IT, there is a TON of opportunity for you here.
CIA Certification – Exam Prep Niche Site Idea
The CIA Certification is the Certified Internal Auditor certification. NO ONE is taking advantage of this niche.
1,900 people per month are searching for the term “CIA Certification”. Another 1,000 are searching for the term “CIA Exams”.
And no one is targeting these keywords. Most of the blogs ranking on the first page don’t even put this keyword in the title of their blogs. I could go in right now, write a blog on The Entrepreneur Ride Along website, and rank for the keyword “CIA Certification” within a week. That’s how little competition there is.
And guess what, the CIA review course costs between $400 to $900. You could be generating $900 per sale from one online course. 10 sales per month for 12 months is $108,000 in annual revenue.
Please, someone, take advantage of this niche. It is just sitting there waiting for someone to come in, create a different product, and make thousands in passive income per month.
Other Exam Prep Niche Site Ideas
The above-mentioned certifications and designations are just a few that I’ve researched. There are a TON more out there. Here are a couple more ideas that I have done preliminary research on that I recommend you check out:
- Bar Exam (legal)
- PE Exam (engineering)
- FE Exam (engineering)
- CFA (finance)
- CPA (accounting)
- PHR certification (human resources)
- CDAL certification (health)
- NRP certification (health)
- CISA certification (IT)
- CCM certification (contract management)
- CDL license (commercial driving)
There are thousands of designations out there. If you are still wondering how you can find your niche product idea, then I recommend you download my list of 400+ exam prep niche ideas. This is a workbook I put together to help you create your own niche website in the exam prep niche. Under Day 1 of the exam prep workbook, I created a list of over 400 of the most popular designations and certifications by industry. This is a comprehensive list that I use for my own research of new niche products. Here you can filter by industry to see some of the most popular designations and possible niches opportunities. You can download this excel file here.
Idea #2: Blogs
I call this the “blog niche”. This could really be called the “content” niche because you can use this same concept with YouTube or Podcasts, it doesn’t have to be a blog.
The blog niche is a little backwards because you start with a topic such as “great Danes” or “Vegan soup” and you create a ton of content about the niche topic to create an audience. THEN you talk to your followers and figure out what products and services they want.
I did this with one of my blogs. The Pomsky Owners Association. This one is a dog blog. A blog about the Pomsky dog breed where I was helping to reduce scams and shut down puppy mills. I created a ton of reputable information about the Pomsky breed, started ranking in Google, generated a couple of hundred email subscribers and then surveyed my audience to figure what they wanted. I found out that people needed help training their Pomsky, and they wanted a place to talk to other Pomsky owners. So, I wrote a Pomsky training book and created a membership site. The book is now the bestselling Pomsky training book on Amazon (ranks #1 on Amazon for the keyword “Pomsky”) and I created a membership site for Pomsky lovers. What started as a blog now generates $1,000 in recurring monthly revenue. That is the blog niche.
Blog Niche Site Idea – Revenue Ideas
There is an infinite number of ways you can generate revenue in the blog niche. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Affiliate sales
- Membership site
- Google AdSense
- Sell ads
- Online courses
Once again, in this section, I won’t be going too in-depth into revenue-generating ideas. The blog would simply be too long. This blog is just giving you niche site ideas. With a blog niche site, the revenue-generating ideas are endless. If you want a full breakdown of how to generate revenue from your niche site, check out our blog on how to make money online without paying anything (for beginners). This is a full breakdown of all the ways I make money online, and all the possible ways you can generate revenue from your niche site idea.
Blog Niche Site Idea – Pros
The biggest pro about the blog niche is there are so many options. There are hundreds of thousands of niche blog opportunities. I’ve seen successful blog and content sites about animal photography, hiking in New Hampshire, teaching excel, how to buy pickup trucks online, how to become a security guard, how to start a podcast, Insanity workout schedules, and cooking with cauliflower rice. And that’s just a couple of niche blogs that I personally came across within the last week!
Blog Niche Site Idea – Cons
The main con against the blog niche site is the inverse of the pro. Because there are so many blogs and hundreds of thousands of people creating content, it takes time to research and find a niche. Sometimes, you need to niche within a niche. Rather than starting a blog about Microsoft Excel, find a niche within the niche, like how to write VBA code in excel.
Blog Niche Site Ideas
Below are a couple of niche site ideas for the blog niche. This is a list of my small profitable business ideas using a blog.
Again, these are blogs that I have researched. I strongly considered creating a website in the below niches, but I don’t have enough time. So I’m sharing my blog niche site ideas with you.
For reference, I am using Long Tail Pro to conduct a lot of this research. This is my favorite niche and keyword research tool. It is extremely powerful in gauging a niche, reviewing competition, and seeing how you can drive traffic to your niche website. You can see a review of long tail pro here.
There are countless possibilities for blog niche ideas. Anything you can think of can be turned into a blog niche site. Food trucks, knives, tropical fish, beach volleyball, toaster ovens… the possibilities are endless. In this blog, I am just giving you a few ideas to get you started.
My blog niche site ideas:
- Dogs (or any type of pet)
- Vegan soup
- Fantasy Football
- Golf photography
- Keto diet
Pets (Dog niche) – Blog Niche Site Idea
I call this the dog niche, but really, it’s any type of pet. I say dogs because I have dogs and love dogs. Plus, I’ve created a profitable blog in the dog space.
The trick here is to pick a specific breed. Don’t create a niche blog about dogs in general, or cats in general. Make it about rat terrier dogs. Make it about sphynx cats. Make it about hedgehogs, iguana’s, or clownfish. Pick something really niche and focus on that. Become the expert on that breed or type of pet, bet the go-to resource for everything about that pet.
If you own a pet, what type of pet is it? If it’s a snapping turtle. Great. That is your starting point. A niche blog about pet snapping turtles.
For sake of example, let’s look at great Danes. Simply because I have two pet great Danes and I’ve already researched this niche.
368,000 people per month are searching online for the term “great Dane”. With that search volume, there has to be an opportunity for a niche somewhere. Looking further, I found the following opportunities:
- Great Dane puppies for sale – 9,900 searches per month with low competition
- Great Dane price – 5,400 searches per month with low competition
- Great Dane adoption – 3,600 searches per month with low competition
- Great Dane names – 1,900 searches per month with low competition
These are just four of the hundreds of keywords that people are searching for relating to the great Dane each month. Using Long Tail Pro (see my review of Long Tail Pro here) each of these keywords has keyword competitiveness under 35, which means there is very little competition for these keywords. You can go in right now and write a couple of quality blogs to begin ranking and driving organic traffic to your blog with these keywords.
Based on these keywords, we can determine that people are searching about how to adopt or buy a great Dane. With this, you could become the go-to expert for people that want to own a great Dane. With this niche in mind, I thought of the following revenue-generating ideas:
- Membership site – create a membership site. The “find a Dane” membership site, you tell your subscribers every time a great Dane is available for adoption in their area.
- Affiliate – pet owners spend a TON of money on their dogs. You can create a couple of resources for new great Dane owners (after you help them find a Great Dane for their home). New dog owners need food, toys, treats, leash, harness, beds, crates, etc… You can use Amazon affiliates to recommend the best products for great Dane’s. Whenever someone clicks these affiliate links and makes a purchase on Amazon, you earn a commission. With my two great Danes, I go through 80lbs of food every four weeks. At $40 to $50 per bag of food, that’s a good commission if you can recommend a big bag of food to great Dane owners.
- Advertisements – Google ads, direct advertisements, and sponsored posts. With one of my blogs, people pay to be featured on my website. I created a new program where I charge other blogs $50 to post an article on my site or $300 to post an article and have the article included in my email series. This price will probably increase because I am getting a lot of people paying for these sponsored posts, so I know I am meeting a need and can charge a higher price. In this case, your customer is other blogs or dog companies (like food and toy companies) that want to post valuable content on your blog to get backlinks to their own website. This is just one way you can make money through advertising on your website. You can also set up a free Google ads account. With this, you can put ads on your website, and you will be paid $0.20 to $1.50 every time someone clicks on the add. I don’t do Google ads anymore, it cluttered my website and distracted my readers, but it was a great way to start earning a little revenue from the website.
- Book – in my dog blog niche site, I wrote a training book. This is an upsell for people after they find their dog. Once they know, like, and trust me because of the valuable content that I provide they buy my training book because they know I am a reliable resource. You can do this with great Dane’s. You could write the book “Everything you need to know before owning a Dane” or “Dane’s 101: The great Dane owner’s manual”.
This is exactly what I did with the Pomsky Owners Association, one of my niche sites. I found that hundreds of thousands of people were searching for information about the Pomsky, but nobody was posting reputable information about the Pomsky breed. There were a lot of scams, puppy mills, and bad information about owning a Pomsky dog. As a dog owner, I hate seeing scams and puppy mills. So I started a website by Pomsky owners for Pomsky owners. Everything I posted to the site was cross-referenced by Pomsky owners, veterinarians, dog rescues, and breeders. I began posting real reputable information that was sourced from people that were experts with the Pomsky breed. With this reputable information, I began shutting down puppy mills and become known as the go-to resource for information about the Pomsky breed. I turned this site into a membership program, sharing available puppies from reputable and ethical rescues and breeders so people could find the perfect Pomsky for their home. I also wrote the book “The Complete Guide to Pomsky Training” that quickly became the best selling Pomsky book ranking #1 on Amazon for the search term “Pomsky”.
As you can see, the pet niche (or dog blog niche) is a great opportunity to find a niche and become an expert on the topic. I did this with the dog niche, you can too.
Vegan Soup – Blog Niche Site Idea
My fiancée is Vegan, has been her whole life (she’s crazy healthy). So, in the winter in New England, we like to eat soup. The problem is, we couldn’t find any variations of vegan soup. Almost every soup at the store was made with chicken stock. We went through a whole winter Googling various vegan soup recipe trying to make our own concoctions.
This piqued my interest. So I went back to Long Tail Pro for my niche research. I found that 8,100 people per month are searching for “Vegan Soup” and almost NO ONE is ranking for this keyword! It has a Long Tail Pro keyword competitiveness score of 29. That is really low for a root keyword with only two words like “Vegan Soup”.
I looked deeper and found more relevant keywords with high search volume and low competition including:
- Vegan cookbook
- Vegetarian split pea soup recipe
- Vegan Mexican soup
- Vegan soup brands
- Best vegan soup recipe
People are searching for Vegan soup and there are very few reputable websites creating content in this niche. There is a clear niche website opportunity here.
Based on these keywords I know people want vegan soup, and they want recipes to make their own vegan soup. With this niche in mind, I thought of the following revenue-generating ideas:
- Cookbook – write a vegan soup cookbook with the best simple recipes to make vegan soup at home.
- Affiliate program – find the best vegan soups online. I know for a fact there are some on Amazon. Find your favorites and join the Amazon affiliates program. Begin recommending your favorite soups and get an affiliate commission when people buy the soup through Amazon.
- Advertise – use Google ads or sell ads on your website.
- Soup subscription box – I’ve seen hot sauce subscription boxes and barbeque sauce subscription boxes. Why not create a vegan soup subscription box? Send the subscriber five of your favorite vegan soups each month. Or, create something like HelloFresh and Purple Carrot. Send ingredients to your subscribers each month with a recipe to make your favorite at home vegan soups.
- Your soup – once you start building a following, create your own soup brand! There are not many variations of vegan soup out there. We always buy the brand “Amy’s Organic Soups” from Whole Foods. Other than that, I can’t name a single other vegan soup brand.
There is a clear opportunity for a vegan soup niche blog. Someone please take this niche site idea and run with it. I could use some new vegan soup recipes!
Fantasy Football – Blog Niche Site Idea
This can be any fantasy sport. But I want to focus on fantasy football. In reality, you could pick anything. Fantasy hockey or fantasy golf might be less competitive and easier to niche than fantasy football.
But for sake of example, let’s look at fantasy football.
Hundreds of thousands of people play fantasy football. I’m a fantasy football junky. I follow ten different blogs and five different podcasts. And you better believe I spend money on their premium products telling me who to draft.
It’s a competitive topic. You are competing against ESPN, NFL.com, and Yahoo. 450,000 people per month are searching for the keyword “Fantasy football”. On Long Tail Pro this keyword has a keyword competitiveness score of 64. That is really high. Unless you are creating a website bigger than ESPN, you probably won’t rank for the keyword “Fantasy football”.
This is a good example of finding a niche within a niche. When I look into this niche site idea I find a couple of interesting keywords that have little competition:
- Fantasy football trade analyzer – 27,100 searches per month with low competition
- Fantasy football trade calculator – 6,600 searches per month with low competition
- Fantasy football trade evaluator – 1,900 searches per month with low competition
Now that sounds like a niche within a niche. Trades are big in fantasy football, I am always looking for the best trade opportunities.
There are a lot of ways you could generate revenue from this niche. You could create a premium fantasy football trade calculator, you could create a membership site to provide trade advice, you could give 1×1 advice about trades, you could create content about the best trades that you would do each week, you could start a “fantasy trades” podcast and sell ads on your podcast, you could use Patreon to create a premium paid podcast about fantasy trades. There are endless opportunities here and lots of options to generate revenue from this niche.
This is one of my niche site ideas that’s been on my list of niche websites to create. It’s been on my list for the last five years and I just haven’t had the time to build out this niche. Plus, I already spend hours upon hours every day trash-talking my opponents and reading about my fantasy players. I don’t think my Fiancée would stay with me if I dedicated MORE hours to researching fantasy trades.
Someone needs to give this niche serious consideration. There is a big opportunity here.
Make sure to check this niche for all fantasy sports including baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, golf, even NASCAR is a fantasy sport!
Golf photography- Blog Niche Site Idea
Now, this is a cool niche that one of my coaching clients was considering. It’s an interesting one. It’s so niche and specific, it’s beautiful.
Golf photography. specifically, golf ball photography.
I don’t know what this is or why people want it, but people are searching for it. And you better believe it’s a niche.
This is one of those niche site ideas where you need to do a little market research to figure out what people want from this niche. Do they want to buy photos of golf balls? Do they want help learning to take professional photos of golf balls? Are these Amazon FBA entrepreneurs that are selling golf balls and need professional photos for their Amazon listing?
I have no idea. But it’s a great example of a niche opportunity.
Keto Diet – Blog Niche Site Idea
Keto is blowing up right now. But Keto, in general, is very competitive. 1,830,000 people per month are searching for the keyword “Keto diet”. There are thousands of people competing in this space.
This is a case of finding the niche within the niche. With nearly 2 million people searching for this term per month, there is plenty of room for you to carve out a niche.
My friend Kevin Davis and his wife Dena are in this niche, with their website and podcast Our Ketogenic Life. Kevin is a doctor, he is carving out his own niche in the Keto space with his deep understanding of the diet. He wrote a top-selling book about Keto and he’s now growing a following through podcasting. He is leveraging some powerful connections to grow a large following and is now a Keto coach getting referrals each time he helps a new client.
Let’s look at where you could carve out a niche in this space. Here are a couple of niches within the niche:
- Keto diet crock pot recipes – 27/210
- Keto dessert recipes – 31/480
- Vegetarian keto diet recipes – 32/480
- Keto diet Indian recipes – 31/390
You could be the go-to resource for everything vegetarian Keto.
There is a lot of opportunities here. You can generate revenue as a vegetarian keto coach, you could write a book of keto dessert recipes, you could create a membership site to share keto recipes. There are a lot of opportunities to find a niche within a niche here.
More Blog Niche Site Ideas
The above-mentioned niche site ideas are just a few that I’ve researched. There are a TON more out there.
One of my strategies to find blog niche site ideas is to see what’s selling on Flippa. Flippa is a website where you can buy and sell websites. I like to go to Flippa for research. I go to Flippa, apply a couple filters to make sure I’m only looking at websites that generate substantial traffic, and I analyze the websites that have been selling recently. There are a lot of sites still in their early stages on Flippa, where people find a niche and create a basic website then sell the website to other entrepreneurs. This is a great way to find niche site ideas. The sites that are being sold on Flippa are still in their early stages. Most of them never amount to anything, so you can find a niche or keyword on Flippa and then go create your own site in that niche (or buy the website on Flippa).
Here are just a couple of the niche site ideas that I’ve found on Flippa. These are viable niche site ideas that I researched but never created. I recommend you take a look at these blog niche site ideas:
- Buy pickup trucks online
- Insanity workout schedules
- Best pocket knives
- Tropical fish aquariums
- Fishing license locator
- How to make honey
- Philippines travel
There are thousands of niche opportunities out there. If you are still wondering how you can find your niche product idea, then I recommend you download my list of the top 5 niche sites that I would create today (if I had time).
Idea #3: Amazon FBA
Amazon FBA is the process of selling physical goods on Amazon through Amazon’s inventory and delivery program. In this process, you work with a manufacturer (most likely in China) to create a product, buy inventory, ship it to Amazon’s warehouses, sell the products on Amazon, and Amazon will fulfill the orders and ship the products to your customers.
Through this process, you are finding a niche within a type of physical good. Preferably a physical product that is already invented and well known so you don’t have to create a totally new invention. You are simply taking a popular product and improving it. Such as taking a bookcase and making it lightweight and foldable. Taking a baby blanket and making it softer and more durable. Taking an inflatable chair and making it stronger and easier to inflate. Take a product that is already being searched for on Amazon, read the bad reviews, and improve the product to sell a better version of a product that is already selling on Amazon. This is how you find your niche using Amazon FBA.
Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea – Pros
There are a couple of pros to using Amazon FBA:
- Amazon – The biggest pro with Amazon FBA, is you are selling on Amazon. Where millions of people are shopping for products every day. You are selling on a platform where people are there to buy products, you don’t have to convince someone to be interested in buying your product. If they are searching for your product on Amazon, then they are likely interested in buying at that very moment.
- Amazon inventory – Amazon holds all of your inventory. When I sold a product through Amazon FBA, I never touched the inventory. It went right from my manufacturer, to the Amazon warehouse, to the customer. I never had to deal with it.
- Logistics – Amazon makes the logistics really easy. You just sit back, tweak your sales page, and re-order inventory when needed. Amazon handles the rest. Plus, your products get two-day shipping through Amazon.
- Niche site – An added bonus, you can create your own niche site to drive people to your website where you are the only product listed. This is just another way to drive traffic to your Amazon sales page.
Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea – Cons
There are a couple of cons with Amazon FBA:
- Upfront cost – the big downside, unlike the other niche site ideas listed above, is you have to pay a lot of money upfront to buy inventory and import the inventory into the US to the Amazon warehouses. You likely have to invest a couple of thousand dollars to manufacture and buy the inventory upfront
- Fees – Amazon tacks on a lot of fees. There’s selling fees, FBA fees, storage fees, etc… I didn’t fully understand all of the fees and how it would reduce my profit margin until I began selling through Amazon FBA.
- Learning curve – It’s a pretty steep learning curve to get started on Amazon. You have to learn a whole new platform of ranking on Amazon and getting reviews. You also have to learn all about working with a manufacturer and importing goods.
Amazon FBA Niche Site Ideas
Below are a couple of niche site ideas for the Amazon FBA niche.
For this analysis, I use the JungleScout web app and Chrome extension. I also really like the IO Scout platform for Amazon research. I highly recommend checking out these tools. These tools tell you how much each product is selling and it ranks the competitiveness of each niche. It is very hard to find your niche on Amazon without these tools, plus they do a great job giving you step by step instructions to find a manufacturer, test samples, import goods, set up your sales page, and rank on Amazon. I used the JungleScout applications for my Amazon FBA product. I wouldn’t have been able to sell on Amazon without it.
There are countless possibilities for Amazon FBA niche ideas. In this blog, I am just giving you a few ideas to get you started. Amazon FBA niche site ideas:
- Inflatables summer toys
- Skateboard bearings
- DnD Dice
- Slime storage jars
- Hanging wall file folder
Inflatables Summer Toys – Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea
I had conducted this research over the summer. So, a lot of results came back for inflatable summer toys. The only downside to this is the sales are seasonal, but if you are selling thousands of items in the summer months then you are making enough revenue to sustain the whole year!
Below is some of the research I conducted and my analysis on inflatable summer toys that could be viable Amazon FBA niche products:
- Inflatable Limbo – this is a summer game. It’s an inflatable limbo set. Based on my research, there was only one seller of this product selling around 750 units per month at $22 per sale. This one seller had terrible reviews with an average rating of 2-stars with 36 reviews. There are a lot of opportunities here to create a better inflatable limbo summer toy. Read the reviews to learn what people hate about this toy, then create a better inflatable limbo set.
- Inflatable lounger – this is the Amazon FBA product that I chose. I no longer sell this product, but I did sell over 500 units of inventory. I learned a lot, but I shut it down and did not reorder inventory because my margins were too thin and I was losing money. That being said, it is a viable business opportunity for someone to learn from my lessons and create a better product. I spent too much on Inventory, I was paying $18 per item. That was WAY too expensive to be profitable on Amazon. Here is why this is a viable niche Amazon product. The top sellers of inflatable loungers were generating over 3,000 sales per month with an average sale price of $33 per item. There is a niche opportunity because only 5 of the top 10 sellers had more than 20 reviews, and the average reviews were 3-star ratings. The reviews were bad, complaining about the poor-quality product. Reviews and sales lead to higher rankings, so I knew I could get more than 20 five-star reviews pretty easily. There is a good niche. The consumer wants a more comfortable more durable inflatable lounger. That’s what I created, but my manufacturing costs were too high. Someone can come in here and create a better inflatable lounger.
- Inflatable pool floats – I found a TON of niche inflatable pool floats that could be feasible niche products. The top four that I narrowed it down to were inflatable pineapple pool float, inflatable pizza float, inflatable flamingo float, and unicorn pool floats. Four different possible niches in the inflatable pool float niche. Each of these different floats was getting about 3,000 sales per month with a sale price of around $30 per unit. Imagine, if you sold all four floats, that would be 48,000 sales per year and $1.4 million in annual revenue. Not bad for selling pool floats! I did more research into each pool float and they all had pretty similar issues. Out of the top ten sellers, there were not many reviews (most had less than 20 reviews) and the reviews were bad. Most had 3 to 3.5 average star ratings. The bad reviews complained about the quality of the product, the floats kept breaking or leaking. There is a clear niche here to pick one of these pool floats, design a better quality float, and get more five-star ratings to begin ranking in the top ten on Amazon.
Skateboard Bearings – Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea
Here’s an interesting Amazon FBA niche that I know nothing about. Skateboard bearings. I found two types that would make good niche products:
- 608-2RS skateboard bearing – for this type of skateboard bearing, I found the top 10 sellers were selling over 2,000 total units per month. An 8 pack of these bearings sells for $10. The top seller, the one that ranked #1, only had 40 reviews and the other top ten sellers had less than 20 reviews. Most reviews were average between 3.5 to 4 stars. But there were some top-sellers with 1.5-star ratings. With a couple of five star ratings and a better bearing, you could easily rank for this Amazon niche product.
- 608zz skateboard bearing – for this type of skateboard bearing, I found the top 10 sellers were selling well over 3,000 total units per month at about $10 per pack. Out of the top ten sellers, 7 of the top 10 had less than 15 reviews most of which were an average below 4-stars. With a couple of five-star ratings and a better bearing, you could easily rank for this Amazon niche product.
One of the opportunities I noticed here is you could bundle these in packages. A lot of the competition was selling this as packs of 8 bearings. Yet, in the reviews, people were asking how they could buy in bulk. If you created a pack of 30 bearings you could sell it for about 4x the price, which gives you greater margins comparatively after deducting Amazon fees.
I haven’t touched a skateboard in the last fifteen years, so I personally was not a good fit for this niche. For someone familiar with bearings, or anyone that skates, this is a very viable Amazon FBA niche.
DnD Dice – Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea
Dungeons and Dragon (DnD) dice is an Amazon FBA product that one of my coaching clients was considering.
DnD and the board game niche is a huge market. I have not personally played DnD. Though a few of my friends have been on a DnD campaign for the last year, so I’m pretty familiar with the game. We did some research into Dungeons and Dragon products, in particular Dungeons and Dragon dice.
I was quite surprised by the results. There was a clear opportunity for a niche. There were a ton of different ways to differentiate in this niche. Looking into the keywords we found the following niche opportunities with Dungeons and Dragon dice:
- DND Dice Bulk
- Wooden DND Dice
- Rainbow DND Dice
- Metal DND Dice
- Galaxy DND Dice
All of the above keywords had good keyword search volume and limited competition.
I didn’t go too in-depth into the Amazon research for Dungeons and Dragon dice because I knew this was not a product that I could succeed with, having limited experience playing Dungeons and Dragons. That being said, someone with experience or someone invested in board games could easily take this niche idea and create a viable business with DnD Dice through Amazon FBA.
Slime Storage Jars – Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea
Slime Storage Jars sold surprisingly well on Amazon. Some of the best sellers were selling Slime Storage Jars in bulk packs of 6 or 12. I suspect that these are being purchased for children by moms, dads, and teachers.
Diving into Jungle Scout and looking at Slime Storage Jars I found that the top ten sellers on Amazon combined were selling over 1,000 units per month. They were selling at an average price of around $17 per unit. Only one seller in the top ten had reviews. This top-seller only had 7 reviews, the other sellers in the top ten had almost no reviews. The best rating for Slime Storage Jars was 3.5 stars.
There is clearly lots of room here for improvement. This is where my research stopped but there is clearly a niche here where someone can look at the bad reviews and create a better Slime Storage Jar and easily rank in the top ten to get a couple of hundred sales per month.
Hanging Wall File Folder – Amazon FBA Niche Site Idea
Hanging wall file folders sell well on Amazon. I see these hanging all over doctors’ offices, veterinarian offices, and at the dentist.
Looking into this niche on JungleScout, I found that the top ten sellers of hanging wall file folders each sold around 100 to 400 units per month at an average price of $17 per unit. In total, with all top 10 sellers combined, over 3,000 hanging wall file folders were being sold each month. Of those top ten, seven of the best sellers had less than 40 reviews. Two competitors in the top ten had less than three reviews total (you can outrank these). The average rating for these top sellers was in the range of 3.5 stars to 4.5 stars.
Of all the Amazon niche site ideas listed in this blog, this one is probably the hardest to rank for. There is a good amount of competition, you could probably rank in the top ten, but it would take a while to climb into the top three spots.
More Amazon Niche Site Ideas
I’m going to be selling another product through Amazon FBA within the next year. When I do, I’ll be sure to update this blog with more Amazon niche site ideas. I’ll also show you exactly what I’m doing to research and sell my product.
There are thousands of amazon niche opportunities out there. If you are still wondering how you can find your niche product idea, then I recommend you download my list of the top 5 niche sites that I would create today (if I had time).
Idea #4: Coaching and Mastermind
I’m combining the coaching and mastermind niche into one section because they are so similar. Coaching is the process of helping someone one on one. A mastermind is group coaching and creating a group of likeminded individuals to leverage the knowledge of every group member.
This one is different than the other business ideas that I’ve listed in this blog. This one is broader, you can be a coach for anything. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be niched.
Coaching Niche Site Idea – Pros
This niche is virtually free. This is the biggest pro to coaching or starting a mastermind. To be a coach, all you need is a cell phone or the ability to meet with people in person. For coaching, all you need is yourself and the willingness to help others.
Coaching Niche Site Idea – Cons
The biggest con of starting a niche with coaching is that you need to invest a lot of time to meet new people. I can’t really call this a con, because you are going out of your way to help and invest in the lives of others (that’s the purpose of being a coach), but it does take time every day to talk to new people and help them work through a problem.
Coaching Niche Site Ideas
The coaching niche site idea is very broad. There is a lot you can do here, you can be a coach for just about anything. Below are a couple of ideas for starting a niche site using coaching:
- Corporate training – your day job can be your first niche business. Is there something you do during the day that you could turn into a coaching practice? Are you a mechanic, marketing analyst, or CPA? All of those can be turned into coaching programs. You can coach people one on one about how to improve their job performance and how to advance their careers. Or you could create a group program and sell your coaching B2B where you host training classes at the employer’s office to coach employees. My good friend and fellow mastermind member Tom Heffner of TomHeffner.com does this. Tom is a coach. In addition to his coaching, he hosts an innovation training workshop where he goes on-site with the employer for two or three days to train employees. He makes a full time living doing it. You can do this too.
- Entrepreneurship – every entrepreneur needs a coach. I have a coach, and I pay to be part of a mastermind group. Now that I’ve started more than five online businesses, I am a coach for entrepreneurs. Choose one of the niche site ideas from this blog, build a successful business, then teach people how you did it. You can be a coach for entrepreneurs.
- Fitness – this topic is a little broad. There are a lot of fitness coaches, you can find a niche with fitness such as bodybuilding, burning fat, sports training, flexibility, and injury recovery. There are a lot of niche opportunities in fitness coaching.
- Diet – once again, this topic is broad. You can be a coach for a number of different aspects of dieting. You can be a coach to help people lose weight, a coach to help people eat more vegetarian food, or a coach to help people on succeeding with the Keto diet. There are a lot of options to be a diet coach.
- No niche – when coaching, you don’t have to look for a niche. Some of the best coaches can coach anyone. I’m a coach primarily for entrepreneurs, but that won’t stop me from helping someone with a challenge at home or questions about their personal life. One of my favorite books, the Prosperous Coach, is very adamant that you should not look for a niche in your coaching. That you should be open to coaching everyone. Just remember, coaching is all about serving and helping, you don’t need a niche to help someone. Just help anyone that you can.
If you are an entrepreneur and you are stuck, have a problem, or want some help choosing one of these niche site ideas. Check out my work with me page, I’d be happy to join you on a complimentary coaching call to get you started on your entrepreneurial journey!
Idea #5: Print on Demand Products
Print on demand is a program to print your products and ship them directly to the customer after the customer orders. Such as a t-shirt design, the print on demand company will print your design on a t-shirt and ship it to your customer. This means you don’t hold any inventory. The customer places an order through your website, your print to order company prints the product and ships it directly to the customer. You pay a small flat fee for the printing and shipping, and the rest is profit. For example, if you are selling a T-shirt you pay $10 for the T-shirt and printing, but you charge the customer $15 so you make $5 profit.
Personally, I use Teelaunch. They have a ton of print on demand products. Things like t-shirts, sweatshirts, socks, coffee mugs, canvases, blankets, dog bowls, and so much more. The whole program is through Shopify, making it super simple to use. You can sync this with a website and Amazon with just a couple of clicks. Meaning all you need to do is upload a design to the website and drive traffic to have people buy your product, TeeLaunch will do the rest.
Print on Demand Niche Site Idea – Pros
The biggest pro to the print on demand niche, there is no inventory. And you only pay when a sale is made. There is no upfront cost, other than hiring a designer if needed. But you can do that on Fiverr for $5.
With this niche site idea, your print on demand company will do everything for you. You just need to set up the product. They will conduct the transaction, print your product, and ship it to your customer.
If you are truly looking for one easy, simple, profitable online business idea. This might be the niche site idea for you.
Print on Demand Niche Site Idea – Cons
The only downside to the print on demand niche site idea, is you need some artistic ability to create a unique design for the product. Personally, I hire freelancers through Fiverr or Upwork to create designs for me. I have no artistic ability, so I outsource this part of the business. You can get a quality designed product for as little as $5, though I typically spend $25 to $50 for better quality.
Print on Demand Niche Site Ideas
Similar to the blog niche, there are countless possibilities for print on demand niche sites.
Here are a couple of print on demand niche site ideas:
- Socks – There are some good opportunities selling socks on Amazon. I have a pair of bright green socks with golf balls on them. They are my lucky golf socks. My fiancée has great Dane socks that she bought on Amazon. You can create a niche like this with a print to order company. There is a whole niche on Amazon for dinosaur socks. I just used the JungleScout chrome app to research dinosaur socks, the top 5 sellers for dinosaur socks are generating $3,000 to $10,000 in revenue every month from that ONE pair of socks.
- Mugs – TeeLaunch offers a print to order coffee mug. They actually offer about ten different variations of coffee mugs including a tumbler and a mug that changes color when hot. Sticking to the theme of dinosaurs from above, I used the JungleScout chrome app to research dinosaur coffee mugs. The top 5 sellers for dinosaur coffee mugs are generating $1,000 to $20,000 in revenue every month from selling a single dinosaur-themed coffee cup. I guess dinosaurs are a good niche.
- Beer Stein – I love this one. On TeeLaunch you can design your own print to order beer stein. There is a lot you can do with this. This one is underutilized on Amazon, there are not many unique designs for beer steins. I just looked up random keywords with the JungleScout Chrome app like “golf beer stein” and “dog beer stein” and found that people are buying these types of beer steins with unique designs. Think of a niche and check it on Amazon, you can create a whole business around unique designs on a beer stein.
- Stickers – TeeLaunch offers print to order stickers. You can find a niche for stickers. Whether it’s laptop stickers, car stickers, or refer to the “blog niche” section above to see the ideas posted there. There are some good ideas for niche sites, you could have a sticker as one of the main products that you sell.
- Dog Bowls – with one of my niche sites, I designed and sell a print to order dog bowl for the Pomsky breed. You can definitely find a niche for this. Refer to the “dog blog niche” section above to see how you can create a niche with dogs and pets. You can use TeeLaunch to create a print to order dog bowl for your niche that you sell on Amazon.
- T-shirt – the t-shirt business is so saturated that I’m reluctant to add this to my list of niche site ideas. I’m only listing it here because a lot of new entrepreneurs that I coach seem to want to start a t-shirt business. It’s possible but tough, and if you are going to do it, I HIGHLY recommend you use a print on demand service rather than ordering inventory upfront. You need to find something specific, different, and something that people are searching for. My fiancée has three shirts with Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s face on them. Now that’s a niche. Maybe people are searching for t-shirts with a polar bear on it. Maybe you can catch a popular quote spoken by a movie star before it goes mainstream and get a t-shirt up online. Maybe people want dinosaur t-shirts. I don’t know. The point is, you have to do something different and look for what people are searching for but aren’t finding online.
Conclusion – My Five Favorite Niche Site Ideas
We covered a TON in this blog. This thing just keeps growing as I build my own niche sites and come across new niche sites and small profitable business ideas.
This can be overwhelming. I know. And once you choose a niche, it can be even more overwhelming getting started! To help, I simplified things. I put together one free resource covering my favorite niches. These are the once that I would create today if I had more time.
I highly recommend you download this free resource. It’s the five niche sites I would create today (and why I would choose each niche). Plus, I’ll tell you exactly what to do to get started with each of these five niche site ideas.
More Niche Site Ideas
I also recommend checking out our list of niches (20 online business ideas for beginners). In this resource, I give you a list of 20 specific niches that you could create to begin generating a profit.
You can also check out my series about how to make money online for beginners without spending anything.
My Favorite Niche Site Ideas
Download my breakdown of the five niche websites I would start today if I had more time.These are the five niche sites I would create today (and why I would choose each niche).
Plus, I’ll tell you exactly what to do to get started with each of these five niche site ideas.